Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Birthday Results

My birthday was a good day. No party, per se, but we got together with our neighbors (the husband and I share a birthday, but I think I'm probably old enough to be his mother...ugh!) and had a cookout. It was a lot of fun. The surprise party that I thought might happen - based on Faith's 5-year-old chatting about everything she knows - did not happen, and that was good. We did go out for lunch the next day, and I had the best ice cream dessert I've had in ages! A nice scoop of vanilla (Blue Bell - yum!), covered with toasted coconut and chocolate sauce. Simple, yet scrumptious! I tried it at home tonight and failed miserably. Very soon, they'll know my face at that restaurant, and the dessert will come out automatically.

On another note entirely. I am officially published! Our local newspaper printed an article I wrote, with a request for more! And I submitted a column to a weekly paper in town, and it was printed this week! The Dream is beginning to happen! And yes, I've been talking with exclamation points, too! All week!

No comments: