Friday, April 13, 2007

Why Inspired by Faith?

First, the obvious - I am a daughter of the King of Kings! My faith is being grown - sometimes painfully. Probably our faith is grown the most through painful processes. But I am learning over and over that He is in control. And all the people said...AMEN!

I am also inspired by my 5-year-old daughter, Faith. She is a jewel with a sweet, joyful heart, and spreads her joy wherever she goes! Yeah, I know, I'm supposed to say that as her mom. But REALLY!

For example: my birthday is coming up soon. Very soon. And when did I get to be this old? How in the world did this happen?!?! But I digress. Faith is in Pre-K, and everyone gets a Star Party at school on their birthday. And of course, there are the fun parties where we can invite everyone we know. So for all Faith knows, everyone gets a party EVERY birthday! Which they probably should, and I usually have a party for almost any excuse...but we just moved to our city about 9 months ago, and I kind of had decided to let this one go by more quietly than usual.

So, on Monday this week, Faith invited her teacher and all of her little classmates over to our house this Saturday to celebrate my birthday. She told them each that they can bring "anything they want" as a gift for me. She also invited our new neighbors to our party. There was a little confusion there...How do you exactly uninvite brand new neighbors to a party that isn't actually happening without it sounding, well, rude? Turns out, the husband/daddy of this family shares his birthday with me!! What are the odds??

So we may be having a party, but I don't really know. The wife/mommy suggested a cook-out, but I'm not sure she wasn't just being nice. And Faith keeps telling me that she can't tell me about the surprise for my birthday. Raise your hand if you've smiled and gotten the acting award of the month at your birthday! Aaaannnnnnd, that's all of us.

Anyway, pretty cute daughter of ours. Was it back in February when we had the 100th Day of School? Well, that was the biggest number she had learned to that point. She came home that evening and told me, "Mommy, I love you 100!"

I think that's as much love as there is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post! And what a joy your little one surely must be. I am part-time caregiver to my little Katie (granddaughter) and I know what joy they bring into our lives. Thanks for sharing.